To begin writing about these emerging digital tech in digital learning, I’d like to dispel the myths surrounding digital learning.
Here are some clarifications about it.
Is e-learning the same as digital learning?
Digital learning is often confused with online learning or e-learning. However, both words are used in the phrase “digital learning.”
E-learning VS Digital learning
E-learning is the process of acquiring knowledge through the use of electronic media. But, It is limited to the internet.
Digital learning is defined as learning through the technologies of the digital age. It is used to improve skills and understanding in the real world by tech.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on how we teach and learn. We believe that the early adoption of emerging technologies is a key to growth.
Here are the emerging technologies in digital learning that you should be aware of.
Education is now experiencing an explosion of change, like many other traditional industries.
Digital learning plays a major role in this change. E-learning is currently one of the most common emerging technologies in the digital learning environment.
It changes the traditional teaching approaches by introducing many new techs. New methods of teaching are on the rise.
In 2020, individuals and firms were testing new ways to educate themselves. It uncovered new paths to fulfilling a growing need.
To be a good teacher, you must have a good understanding of digital technology.
Using the internet to learn at a distance is also goes by the name of e-learning. E-learning is training or education which is conduct by the internet.
An e-learning course can have a wide range of activities such as games, lectures, videos, and, as well as quizzes, among others.
Using Zoom or Microsoft Teams in real-time, you can teach your students. You can also conduct meetings with your students to discuss the subjects.
- What are some other e-learning tools?
- Is e-learning capable of covering all course material?
- Is it a reasonable alternative to on-campus education?
- To what extent is online learning the same as on-campus learning?
- What are the advantages of online learning?
- What are the challenges that e-Learning faces?
- Is e-learning harmful to one’s health?
- Is it appropriate for me to turn down on-campus learning and instead enroll in an e-learning course to prevent the hassle of having to travel to the institute?
- Who should join the E-learning?
- It is good for everyone, or is it especially beneficial to younger people?
2. Cloud-Based emerging digital tech in digital learning.
The field of IT that is most in-demand and is growing the fastest is cloud computing. It brings people from all over the world together in one place to learn together.
More and more people are using cloud-based technologies in education. It creates a wide range of opportunities for both institutions and students.
The common software use for online meetings is Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.
What is zoom?
- This app offers online classes.
- It has an easy-to-use, stable cloud platform for video, voice, content sharing, and chat.
- It runs on mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems.
- Zoom lets you do things such as using video, audio or chat in the classroom activities.
What is Microsoft Teams?
- Microsoft Teams includes collaborative document sharing, online meetings, and many other features.
- It aids communication.
- Some Office 365 services integrate well with Teams. SharePoint, Skype, and Exchange, for example.
- Microsoft Office integrates teams that assist with academic tasks or other tasks.
- The app also supports APIs such as Google Drive, YouTube, and Dropbox.
Questions to ask about new Cloud-Based digital tech learning
- What exactly is a cloud?
- What is the role of the cloud?
- How trustworthy are cloud-based technology services?
- What are cloud-based technologies, and how do they work?
- What are some of the disadvantages of cloud-based technologies?
- How will students, or someone else, access their cloud files?
- What are the advantages of cloud computing for you?
3. AI is one of the most fascinating emerging digital tech in digital learning.
Digital techs of digital learning have transformed the field of education. AI has a big part in it.
Research shows that people learn in different ways and at different rates.AI personalizes data based on a person’s personal preferences.
Augment Tutoring is one of the most popular emerging digital technologies in the digital world
It is one of the services provides by AI.
AT provides a personalized approach and friendly AI (chatbots). Students will learn at their own individual pace with this self-directed assistance.
Questions to ask about AI
- What is AI, and how does it work?
- What are the most widely used AI technologies?
- How is AI affecting our daily lives?
- What are the different applications of AI?
- Is (AI) a positive development for the future?
- Will AI become a threat to humanity?
- What makes AI dangerous?
- It has various applications, which ones are the most valuable in your opinion?
4. Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality in Digital tech learning
It is also a form of AI. It is listed separately because it is a big tech in itself.
There has been a major shift in educational tools and approaches since the advent of VR/AR technologies.
When blended, VR and AR create deeper and more realistic environments.
- The users can connect with objects and structures that are too small, too big, or even too dangerous to encounter in real life by VR/AR.
- The fusion of (VR) and (AR) is leading to better education techniques.
- Teachers use AR applications in the classroom to make the learning process more fun for students. The AR applications animate science textbooks and study flashcards.
- Some teachers incorporate AR games into their homework assignments as well.
- Many businesses have begun employing VR/AR training in their corporate staff.
Questions to ask about VR / AR
- What Is VR and How Does It Work?
- What Purposes Do Individuals Pursue Through VR?
- Virtual Reality: Does It Make People Sick?
- How are VR and AR different?
- What are some more good VR and AR examples?
- What does the future hold for the VR market?
- Can it damage the eyes?
5. IoT (Internet of Things)
The IoT delivers speed, risk and makes decisions simple.
The IoT has several security applications that can help colleges, enterprises, and even pre-schools.
The University of New South Wales in Australia will use IoT tools to manage campus services and support new learning methods.
In connecting things across the world, IoT provides universal standards for educators and makes it easier for them to conduct their work. e.g., Kely, students will have wider resources so that global education will become more widespread.
Questions to ask about Internet of Things(IoT)
- What is IoT, and how does it work?
- What are the criteria for a Thing?
- Can IoT substitute human intelligence?
- What impact will the Internet of Things have on our daily lives?
- What are IoT’s main issues?
- How trustworthy are IoT services?
- What are the IoT’s security concerns?
Blockchain is a type of digital tech learning which is a group of blocks that contains information. To save time and effort, the block has certain storage capacities for storing data.
One of the biggest, time- and labor-intensive activities in higher education is the task of having to review student transcripts. All recipients’ grades must be verified before final transcripts are released. If this information was stored on a blockchain, entries could be added quickly and easily.
The student data stored on a blockchain and the rest of their educational history would be at the tip of a few mouse-click.
Questions to ask about Blockchain
- What is Blockchain, and how does it work?
- When was the first time you heard of blockchain?
- How Blockchain can be used in the education sector? More Examples.
- What are the other good examples of Blockchains?
- The most common use of Blockchain is Cryptocurrency. The big question?
- What exactly is the purpose of cryptocurrency?
- Are there different types of blockchains?
- What are the advantages of BlockChain?
- Does a blockchain have a disadvantage?